The European Conference of Science Journalism has a limited amount of travel grants to support science journalists to attend the conference. The grant supports up to EUR 500 for travel, accommodation and the registration fee for the conference.
Please note: the amount of grants is limited. If you have other sources of funding, such as your employer’s travel budgets, please pursue those first to maximize the funds available to your fellow science journalists.
Registration is closed! All applicants have received an e-mail from the grant committee.
Deadline for registrations: 15 May 2022 23:59
Panel review: 16 – 22 May 2022
Applicants notified: 23 May 2022
Travel & Accommodation Grant will cover (up to a maximum of EUR 500):
– registration fee of EUR 30
– travel and/or accommodation expenses up to a maximum of EUR 470
Grants will be paid in Leiden, the Netherlands, during registration at the designated registration desk after handing over your bills and receipts for travel and accommodation
– You can provide a resume/CV or LinkedIn profile (students can provide proof of enrolment or transcript of records) relevant to science journalism (written media, video, audio);
– Science journalism is your main profession and main source of income;
– You can provide links to portfolio website or recent relevant coverage (written media, video, audio);
– Applicants must work in a European country (including all countries on the European continent).
Take into consideration:
We are looking for diverse voices and need-based applications will be prioritised. We will leave it to the review panel to make the best decisions considering the applications.